Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Thursday, January 14, 1999

Something familiar, something strange...

Got the pictures of that snowy hill in the back of the building of where I work, as soon as I get it developed, I'll put them here... One of the calls that I took at the help desk at Northwest that stood out today is that an employee called asking about installing Office, at first I thought it was Office 97, but it turned out that she was installing Office 6.0.

She was asking about the space available that the program needed to install, which she only had about 8 megs of space when Office needed about 80 megs. I informed her that she didn't have enough space, and wanted to find out how much space she had total of hard drive space, but first I wanted to make sure of which version of Windows she was running, after she cancelled the install, she told me she was at the program manager, at that point I knew she was running Windows 3.11.

I had her located and open file manager and read to me what it was showing at the bottom left corner, which she told me she had 49.0 total...I told her that she would have to ask for either a larger hard drive or a newer pc...

Well, made it to my other job about an hour late, but it was ok cause I called to let them know that they changed my hours and that I would be that late... At Sam Goody, it was a mall usual, quiet and not much going on... The Assistant Manager got a strange call, someone calling and asking her to play some music over the phone because she was "snow bound". She said that the caller at the end of the call told her she loved her... strange....

Well...that's it for today... more or less tomorrow...

No comments: