Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Saturday, January 09, 1999

Couldn't sleep at all last night, was worried about what the Manager would say because I didn't call in to work... I finally fell asleep at around 3:00 AM and woke up at about 6:00 AM, but sat to watch the news and the traffic conditions, fell asleep again and woke up at 7:30...Da#@ going to be late... called in with car troubles (Sorry Mike if your reading this...) got ready and left for work on roads that were pretty awful!

Very slushy and slippery because the MN road crews had just plowed and dumped salt on the road... Drove like a retiree... On the way there, about half way, the car in a long line of cars had slowed down... still only one brake working out of 4... started sliding so quickly I switched lanes with a pickup coming up quickly behind in the other lane that I switched to...too quickly...

As soon as I made the lane change, he slowed waaaaayyyyy down. My heart pounding and me swearing to myself. After getting to work about an hour late, the manager asked why I didn't call...gave her my story and she told me that I should've called and that this is beginning to become a habit... (I really felt guilty and didn't want to lose this job because I liked the people and the atmosphere). I apologized and felt a dread all day.

For the first couple of hours I sat with someone, I did the talking and typing... and she, the person that I was sitting with, being very aggressive, jumped in when I got stuck... Thank You!! After lunch went to a Network Communication lecture and tried to stay awake...got a lot out of the class and how Northwest Airlines networks its computers...

Well, at the end of the day, forgot to get my time card signed, guess I'll have to make the drive back so that I can get paid next week, went into my other job, but as usual was pretty quiet...bought a new Yo-yo, if my fiancée found out how much it costs, she'd kill me... :) On the way to my second job, realized that I needed to fill up my gas tank... after work went to fill it up, while standing there, saw that the temperature on the bank clock was about -2 and the wind-chill felt like it was about -20.

Was debating on getting something to eat but wasn't hungry so I came home and made my daily entry for this journal... and I guess that's about it for this day... hope that you come back and find out more about my goings on here...

No comments: