Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Saturday, January 23, 1999

Loss Prevention fun...

Well at least it was a bit of an exciting day, at Sam Goody today I caught 2 people about to shoplift from the store.

The first one when I was coming off from break, I had just come out of the back room and was walking to the area that was the most problematic. I had got to within 15 feet of the area when I saw a person pick up a CD, look around rather nervously, then walk around to the other side of the CD rack, as he walked to the other side, he tested the anti theft device as if to open it. He looked around a bit more then spotted me and moved towards his friends and dropped the CD into the rack, then his other friends looked over at me.

I then moved closer and stood in the area, all his friends looked rather nervous and kept looking at me, and eventually they split up and left the store one at a time. The main suspect then sat outside the store and kept looking at me after I followed him all around the store. His other friend had the nerves to actually walk close to me and at times either brush up next to me or stand close by.

The other person I had noticed several times that she and her friend kept coming into the store and she kept looking at me, then walking to the video section and stop at the end of one of the isles, every so often looking around the shelves. After about the 3rd time that she came into the store with her friend, I decided to see what she might have been doing back there, I moved one of the video tapes and found about 7 or 8 CD singles fall to the ground and everyone of them with the security tags removed.

At that point, like the last time, I notified the supervisor on duty and we kept a watch on them, eventually to try and throw me off, she purchased a single or two and then left the store with her friend.

So as you can see, it was a pretty productive day... after I got home, I got my scanner to work and scanned some stuff to give to my friend but he didn't show, got an email from him saying that he went to my work place instead... so missed, I hope that he'll get my reply and bring the stuff to the store... well, till tomorrow....

No comments: