Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Monday, January 25, 1999

Beating Traffic

Man did I get to work early today... I thought I would see some traffic, but none at all at 5:00 AM, I got to work at about 5:30 and sat around till I had to start, was interesting...

They had me sit by myself, but side saddle of a couple of vets... and when I ran into problems, I would be able to ask them for help. There was one problem I was glad I was thorough, a user had called in and said that her printer wouldn't print, using a system that was going to be phased out.

I kept asking her for a address for the printer, but couldn't find one, so I made sure and asked one of the vets, then wrote up the report to the vendor to go out and fix. I was later approached by a supervisor who was just informing me that this printer is written up as a severity 3 and not as a severity 4, but it wasn't my fault as she said because not everyone would know... I made sure she knew that the user couldn't provide an address but I did get a serial number and tried to enter the model number of the printer, but the report wouldn't let me so I had to put "other".

She later praised me for being thorough and said that I had done a good job... :) Well...the rest of the day went on without a hitch... well, I guess that's it for now...catch ya on the flip side!

No comments: