Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Where Fantasy and Reality meet...

Mood: a-ok

Today was a pretty good day, been in a pretty good mood at work lately. Not sure why, it just seems a bit more pleasant somehow... I still can't figure out why I woke up late, well, I know why, it seems that I turned my alarm off and went back to sleep, usually I wake up at approximately 0515 CST, get ready for work and leave to catch the bus at approximately 0630 CST on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I ended up having to drive into work this morning and got to work approximately 10 to 15 minutes late, I usually start at 0800 on Mondays and Tuesdays and work a 10 hour shift. On Fridays and Saturdays I start at 1230 CST and end at 2300.

Ok, now to write about my topic. While riding the bus yesterday, I started thinking (because while riding I do a lot of that) that we all have a fantasy side and a reality side, meaning we think of things that we'd like to do but never act on those thoughts because it doesn't fit the societies norms. We go about our day according to what society considers normal. For example, the person that is next to you either walking, sitting or driving could be thinking of hitting that person that either cut them off in traffic, cut in front of the line or whatever, but in reality they either just do nothing or may say something quiet enough that either the person cannot hear or just barely.

They maybe thinking of their "activities" from the night before or what they would like to do to that really good looking guy or girl if they were alone together, but keep those thoughts to themselves because the person that they are thinking of may not approve or may think of them as being "weird".

Well, I know I'm just leaving this as is, but I have to help take care of the squad cars tomorrow and make sure they go in for their monthly maintenance. So, I'll leave it at that...

No comments: