Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Saturday, March 19, 2005

The forgotten son

Mood: a-ok

My day today was not bad, I still can't figure out why I woke up so early today. I went to sleep at around 0230 and ended up waking at about 0730 this morning. I was pretty wide awake so I turned the T.V. on and watched for a little while and then decided to try and sleep the rest of the time until I had originally set. I did get some sleep, but Samantha decided otherwise, as I was laying there, clutching my pillow with the blanket partially covering my face, Sam decided to snuggle up to my face, then decided to make sure that I had waken up, tap my nose a couple of times. I couldn't help but laugh and couldn't be mad at her at that point.

After waking up a second time, I kinda stumbled about the apartment, checked my email and got a response I had been waiting for from a pen pal in Russia, but didn't feel like replying right away. By the time I started to get ready to leave, it was approximately 1000 and finally got out the door at approximately 1030. My first stop was the Target in Fridley, I went to go look for materials to create a Terrarium.

I wasn't sure as to what type of terrarium I wanted to create so I was just aimlessly wondering about the store. Target didn't have what I was looking for so my next stop was at Bachman's garden and flower store, but again, they didn't have what I was looking for so I decided to stop at a pet shop and see if I could get ideas as to what kind of miniature landscape I wanted to create.

I've been thinking of creating either a desert landscape or a tropical theme. the desert theme would be easy, at Bachman's, I found very small cacti that would be perfect for the size terrarium I was looking at getting. The other type, a tropical theme would be a little more difficult, mostly because I want to add a waterfall and I also found a device that would create a mist/fog effect that would be very cool.

You all must be wondering "Why go through all the trouble?" Well, in the office that I work, it's pretty bland and impersonal. I wanted to add a little greenery and life to the cube that I work in. Something that would also allow me to look at and give me a calm feeling when things get a little rough while working. Something that would help me keep my sanity. My work cube is large, with a lot of desk space, very organized (compared to some of my fellow co-workers) and I wanted to add a personal/human touch to my area.

Anyway, looking around gave me a couple of ideas and some information on about the cost of creating a terrarium, but now comes the planning and figuring out the total cost.

On a different note, I decided to have a little fun at the expense of one of my co-worker, I decided since he wanted to play the prankster, I decided to decorate his monitor, nothing destructive or permanent, just added a little color and fun by adding some gummy bears that I had bought earlier when I went, still more shopping before actually the start of my shift. I'll let you all know if he notices the additions to his computer monitor.

Other than that, my day has been going pretty well, my mood has still been pretty good with the calls that come in. So far I haven't lost my cool or gotten upset with any of the callers here. For now, life is good.

I guess i'll end my journal here for now and make another entry tomorrow. Hope that all who read this have a good night and stay very well.

No comments: