Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Friday, March 18, 2005

Putting out fire with gasoline...

Mood: chillin'

Not very many things make me nervous, but watching the way some people drive when the roads are a bit icy makes me nervous and glad that it's those times I'm glad that I'm not out in the middle of the street, directing traffic. I kind of made up a joke when I saw the way some of these drivers speed... I've asked, "Where can I get those special tires for my vehicle?" then someone would look at me in a puzzled way and then I would say "you know, those speed on icy slippery road tires, the ones that allow you to speed on icy and or slippery roads?"

You would think by now that people who live in Minnesota would be a lot more careful when driving in bad road conditions so that they wouldn't get into accidents, but they do anyway, then they can't believe that they either slid off the road or rolled their vehicles... besides, it snows every winter or rains every so often so you would think that these people would know better, but they don't.

The other thing that bothers me is that Minnesotans also like to follow the person that is in front of them on the road thinking that if they do that, it would make them drive faster, but usually doesn't, then when the driver in front of them has to stop suddenly, the plow right into the back of the vehicle in front of them... People get upset when you drive too slow or drive the speed limit, they want to drive faster than the posted speed limit. If their late, then they should know driving faster is not going to get them there faster, especially when they get stopped by a law enforcement officer or they'll never make it to their destination if they get into an accident.

Other than that, today was a good day, got to pay my bills ahead of time and also had a little extra to save. I'm going to try and save some money so that I can help one of my pen pals from Russia come to the U.S. I've been living alone for too long and my search here in Minnesota hasn't been good. I'll write more about that in my future journal entries, so keep checking back to see what I write if your interested, if not, then just check back to see how my life is going in here.

Till the next entry, stay safe and well.

No comments: