Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Friday, March 25, 2005

No good deed goes unnoticed...

Mood: a-ok

Well, today I did my good deed for the year, while on a break from work, I was standing outside when a couple was walking by and stopped to ask where they could find some assistance with bus fare through a charity group.

I gave as much information as I could, informing him as to where the locations were in Minneapolis, after my instructions he thanked me and started on his way, his companion walked up to me and in a somewhat hushed tone, asked if I could help them out. I thought about the question for a couple of seconds and could see that they could use the help and my feelings about them were that they were being honest in their request, so I pulled out a $20 that I had taken out of the ATM earlier during the day and gave it to her.

I know, I know, they may have been lying, but I figured that my gestures are of honorable intentions and that anything that you do come back to you (yes, I do believe in karma). However, if their intentions were not, then it'll come back to them 3 fold.

I've been looking into having one of my pen-pals come over to the U.S. from Russia. The information is pretty easy to find if your experienced with the net and know exactly what your looking for. I found the information and also the form that I need to fill out which I'll do at home (yes, I am at work as I write this).

I emailed them asking for their last names and addresses, I'll have to email them again getting all the information that is requested on the form before I decide which one of them I would like to come to the states, not only that, but I'll find out who is serious and if they are just trying to scam me.

Lately, I haven't been able to sleep very well, I've noticed this because I've been finding my bedding items all over the room and this morning I found myself sleeping on the floor next to the bed. When I finally did get back into bed, Samantha decided to sleep at the foot of the bed, I found out when I moved my foot and tapped her. Apparently she stayed there for the next hour or so, because when I finally did decide to wake up and get out of bed, she had moved over to her own bed.

On the down side, I've been finding myself thinking back to someone that left my life and tore me up emotionally. I don't know why I still think of her or even care... but anyways, upward and onward.

Oh, I was reading the Honolulu Advertiser online and found out that Legislature is deciding on not having the Honolulu Police Officers pay state tax, the reason behind this is so that they can attract more officers and retain them because of cities that are about the same size of Hawaii that pay about 20 percent more. If this goes through, I would really seriously work towards going back home and apply with the Honolulu Police department.

Well, I guess that's it for now, stay well and stay safe.

No comments: