Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Retreating back behind my walls

No more. I'll just retreat back behind my walls, do what I'm supposed to do, when I'm supposed to do and that's it. Only discussing the task at hand, no socializing. This doesn't mean I'm not talking to no one, just keeping separate what I should've in the first place. Everyone's tired of hearing me complain and I'm tired of complaining. I've fought this battle way to long and it's time to surrender. Like the veterans of Vietnam, re-upping for 2 consecutive tours, I'm tired, it's time to go home.

Anyway, continuing on... I have decided to switch my trackball with the one at work. I get a lot smoother response with the Logitech trackball than the Microsoft trackball. I used to really like the Microsoft trackballs before the quality went downhill. Now I'll be able to be more precise with the movement and when I'm mixing music, the program that I use, I'll be able to make micro movements with the speed control. It's been a long time since I've mixed music from the days when I used to be a disc jockey at a local radio station in Hawaii. There have been some songs out there that I have been wanting to mix to make a longer song and to just see if I can (still) do it.

I've been planning on getting a fishing license for this year and make sure that I take advantage of it. The last time I went fishing was about 4 to 5 years ago. Although, I do miss the days back in Hawaii when a group of my friends and I used to get together, make a bon fire and cast our lines out. Just sitting around talking, eating, drinking (only soda) and waiting for the bell to start ringing to let us know that something had taken the bait. Unlike fishing here, that was a lot more fun, here, you have fresh water and mostly need a boat...

Today, before going in to work, I heard some voices outside my apartment door. I took a look out the peep hole and saw my neighbor from across the hall selling drugs to his next door neighbor. You ask yourself, "How do you know it was drugs?", well, first off, he handed her something in a tin foil and got money in return, she asked "That's all you have?", so yes, it was and that's how I know. It wasn't so bad when I first moved in. The other night for example, I came home from work at about 11:45 pm and found 2 African-American males and 1 Caucasian male, all three in their early 20's standing outside and next to my apartment door... Doesn't one of them live around here and have their own apartment? I don't know or they maybe just living in the hallway...

The night before that or 2, a group of people standing outside in the parking lot at about 1:45 a.m. playing that bass music, talking and laughing loudly. Again, don't they have an apartment that they could do that in? I don't know. I want to move, but am unable to due to certain circumstances (no, not because of the lease). I'm just waiting for the gunshots to start ringing out cause some druggie or gangbanger had a deal go bad...

Right now, Samantha is in the other room, I should go bug her like she does to me... lol. Then again, she'll love the attention. The past year, everytime I get ready for work and at the time I'm putting on my socks, she'll keep pestering me for attention as if she didn't want me to leave for fear that I won't return. She's funny that way... and when I return home, just as I put the key in the lock, she'll be right there at the door, complaining, crying for attention and doesn't stop till after I change and sit down and start petting her.

I've been thinking of getting a bamboo steamer for the "Wok" (American version Wok). I've been thinking of Char Siu Bao. Char Siu Bao is a chinese steamed bun filled with red sweet pork in the middle. There are some other Chinese dishes that I've been wanting to eat, but because I don't have the proper utensils to make them, I've been putting off making it.

Previously I mentioned that I've upgraded my broadband connection, but after running a couple of tests, I found that I'm only getting half the speed that I'm currently signed up for, I suspect that I need to upgrade my modem and think that my current modem wasn't made to handle the increased speed. I'm debating on either replacing it with another Linksys Broadband modem or getting a Motorola SURFboard broadband modem. I really want to take advantage of the increased speed so that I can play Battlefield2 better.

Well, I guess I have to end this here, I have a long day ahead of me...

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: