Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Monday, June 05, 2006

Don't let yourself get attached

to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

It seems that I have always lived by that saying, never staying in one place for too long, almost nomadic lifestyle. At times by choice and at times, not by choice. Once again I am faced with the dilemma of should I stay or should I just leave, giving up everything. I don’t know if this is brought on by the middle age thing, but I seem to have thoughts about it a little more frequently than I normally do.

One thing that has been bugging me lately is when someone flatly denies something, for example, there is an issue with a program not working the way it should, but the person denies that there is anything wrong right away… no questions about what commands were typed, no questions about the program, just right away, “No, nothing is wrong”. It has happened before, with another issue, but eventually I concluded that there was something additional I did not type in.

Now, this person has the attitude that the person is always right, the person knows everything just because they have been doing it longer, just because they have a higher rank. One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is when someone talks down to you or they have this talk as if they were of higher intellectual level than you. When I talk to someone, I try to talk to them as an equal or put them on a higher level than I do, that is only because of the previous training I have had.

Up until this point, I had let it slide, but it seems that lately I cannot and it is really getting to me. In addition, this person wants to play the good friend, but when the person does not like something, the person will antagonistic, where it is either this person’s way or no way, almost to the point of dictatorship. The point is, you want to alienate yourself, then keep doing what you’re doing. I respect those people that will look into the issue, but also actually do and then get back to you. Not all people are the way they look and just because of my interests, it does not mean I do not know anything about what I do.

つづく ( To be continued... ) 若しかしたら...

No comments: