Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Leaving Las Vegas (Minnesota)

I want to be like Ben Sanderson (Nicholas Cage).

Ben, a man who has lost his wife and child, throws his job away, and takes all of his remaining money to buy as much liquor as possible and "drink himself to death" in the city of Las Vegas. He has given up all hope, with no wish to live, but for one reason or another, wants a companion to share in his misery, but not try to save him. He finds this companion in a hooker, Sera. They immediately form a strong relationship based on one night of talking about their lives. Sera in particular quickly grows attached to Ben, for no other reason than she has been alone her whole life and wants nothing more than to feel that want and need by someone.

Not sure about the whole synopsis, but I do like the part of throws his job away, and takes all of his remaining money to buy as much liquor as possible and "drink himself to death" in the city of Las Vegas. I'll need to work on that part in the upcoming days or months. I have started an image change, which is a start. When I first heard about the movie, I didn't have any interest in watching it, but did catch it on one of the channels one day and got really engrossed in the whole story. In a related story, when I was living with my father in a small house that was converted into a 3 room apartment. We once had this neighbor that would drink heavily, you could tell when he took out his garbage, cause the trash bags would clink with a lot of bottles in them. Well, one night I heard soft thumping and didn't think much of it, well about 2 days later, the landlord came around cause the guy hadn't paid his rent yet. When she opened the door, she found the tenant had drunk himself to death...

I remember seeing the coroner wheeling out the black body bag, the officers that showed up questioned me if I had noticed anything unusual and just mentioned the soft thumping noised I heard a couple days prior. I guess the thumping was him in convulsions.

I have been working on a personal project as of recent. All the materials that I had received when I was trained in as a manager I had received on paper, I'm converting over to digital format. There are papers that I have that I am unable to locate on the web or books from the lecturer that I hope to have up on the web soon. The people who trained me in were really good at management and those managers that I have worked under seemed to have been taught the same techniques that I have on paper.

These are the same materials that I have tried to follow even though I am not management and believe that there is one person that could use the information, cause this persons management style is awful.

Arrogance is the downfall of those who have potential.

I try to be humble in all endeavors, but I do run across a few people that are arrogant, either because they think that they are more intelligent than others or because they feel that now they have a higher position than others that they are better than the rest. I don't like being treated like this so I don't treat the way I hate. I usually give everyone that I meet the benefit of the doubt, but once someone does this and I try to help them but basically ignore me, I don't have anything further to help them, basically, let them hang themselves.

What it comes down to is this... I have met governors of states, Mayors, celebrities, CEO's of major companies and have done presidential details, I treat everyone the same. I am loyal to those people that treat me fairly and would give my life to protect those people. I don't pledge my loyalty to just anyone and would not lay my life down to those whom are undeserving, but there are those people that I could care less for that maybe I should, but if they want to belittle people, be it through words or actions, don't deserve my attention.

つづく ( To be continued... ) 若しかしたら...



No comments: