Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Vehicle hardware upgrade version 90.00A

Little did I know that saving the screws from previous computer upgrades and builds would benefit my vehicle. The windshield wipers, from the previous owner was changed, apparently they took off the hardware for the wiperblades and tried to put the replacement blades directly on the wiper arm then put a screw in to hold the wiper blade onto the arm.

It was time for another replacement because it seemed as if the wiper blades were replaced previously about 10 years ago. To make a long story short, I was able to get both wiper blades off but ended up breaking the screw head off on one side, I got the new hardware on the arm but because I broke the screw on the other, at the time, thought I would have to wait till I got to a hardware store to get a replacement screw.

The next day after trying to figure out when I would be able to buy a replacement screw, it came to me that I have spare screws for the computer and thought that the size was pretty similar to the one that was broken. So, that night, after getting home, I had the hardware with me and picked out a screw that was pretty close and went out to the car, low and behold, it was the exact same size. What a relief that was...

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: