Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Good News, Bad News...

Good News: I potentially found a vehicle that fits my criteria, those are as follows:

1. Must be fuel effecient (gets at least 24 city and 30 highway).
2. Must be inexpensive (between 300 to 500 dollars).
3. Must be very minimal on maintenance (just have to do an oil change, refill fluids, filter changes and basic service of the vehicle).
4. If I finance a vehicle, I must be able to sign on my own for the financing without the need for a co-signer.


Well, I've found a vehicle that potentially fits my criteria, I just need to have my friend go along to check over the car, a 1990 Toyota Camery 4 door. From the photos it looks as if it has very minimal rust and the owner is asking $400.00 for the car.

Bad News: I don't have the full asking price available to me until Friday, the 18th of this month. I potentially have about half but while talking with the owner, it was apparent that he wanted the asking price in full before he signs over the car.

So for this week, I'll have to catch the bus to and from work, the only bad part of that is, that I work a 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. shift for this week until I can change shifts next week with a co-worker that would like to change shifts with me. This will allow me to catch the bus in and out of downtown, thus minimizing fuel consumption when I do get another vehicle, save money and give me a change of pace from working the late shift, not that it was bad, but I could use the variety of working a different shift now and then, to a mid-shift.

A friend of mine, whom I've known for about 8 years now has offered to rent part of his home to me for a little less than what I pay now, it's a great offer, plus the neighborhood is WAY better than my current place and it's a little or way closer to the bus route compaired to living in Anoka where the bus don't run at all on Sundays...

Which also reminded me, for today (Sunday), I'll catch a taxi to the Northtown Mall to catch the bus from there, then on the way back home, the bus I'll need to catch only goes as far as the 41st ave. in Columbia Heights, so I'll have to catch a taxi from there which is an additional 6 miles compaired to 10 miles from the Northtown Mall. I have to say, the bus system here in Minnesota really is awful compaired to the bus system in Hawaii.

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: