Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Human Walking Butt...

Oh the Joys of Public Transportation. On the bus ride home last night, a bus rider boarded the bus. Normally it wouldn't have caught my attention, less chronicle about the experience and or person, but (pun intended) he smelled so bad, either this guy was a sewer worker, never bathed in his life or just doesn't care. I'm going with the last two.

At first, after boarding the bus, mostly because I usually sit towards the middle of the bus, as he selected his seat, about 1 bench away... The stench from this guy was so bad, the woman in front of me eventually moved towards the back of the bus, trying to get away from his butt smell. Now I don't know if this guy uses toilet tissue after going to the bathroom or rubs his butt smell all over himself, but it was bad.

Now I can take smelling the occasional skunk scent when driving or walking past a skunk hiding off to the side, but eventually I had to open the bus window to let the air flow through and try to divert his funk away from me. This person appeared to be somewhat less than intelligent or stoned beyond reality. When he finally got off the bus, his funk stayed and seemed to get off at the next stop, to which I was so grateful, normally I would nap a bit on the way to the end of the line, but his funk kept me wide awake till about 3 stops after with the window open.

I think from now on, I'm going to do what I did in Japan, carry a bottle of cologne and a cloth handkerchief. You do that in Japan when your out doing the tourist stuff because if you have to use the public restrooms there, you'll be spraying the cologne into the handkerchief and holding it up to your nose and mouth while breathing through it. Enough said.

Thursday was a pretty good day, it was Farmers Market day in Downtown Minneapolis, I bought some really good red pears, really crunchy and sweet peaches, ginger, wild plum jam, the really, really good rolls and some Zucchini Nut bread. I wanted to get the potted basil plant, but decided not to. The habanero plant that I bought for a dollar about a month ago is doing pretty well now, got a sun lamp and some fertilizer for it, it looks as if more peppers are going to be coming out.

Now if I could pick up this RC vehicle that looks like a bug and shoots nerf darts called N.S.E.C.T for work... Nah, better not. I could just imagine starting something new, all these RC bugs walking around the office, shooting people. It might look like a scene out of the Movie Runaway starring Tom Selleck and Gene Simmons...

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: