Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Flickr instead of textamerica

I found that Flickr is easier to use than Textamerica, plus more people that I know use Flickr, like my really good friend in Hawaii, whom I first met while I was a DJ for a Japanese radio station there. I ended up being his BBS tester whenever he added new features or upgraded his BBS. For those of you that don't know what BBS stands for, BBS is Bulletin Board Service. This was like the net of the dial-up days...

I've changed the slide show on the side from Textamerica to Flickr since I add more photos there than I do with the other.

Anyway, even to this day, every so often, my friend in Hawaii asks me to test things out on his website, which is now a forum for Firefly as well as other SciFi movies and shows. Now days he doesn't really have much time to add new things or upgrade his site because he's been having a house built in Hawaii, plus his job as a programmer for some kind of financial software (I think).

Also, since he does a lot of programming for Microsoft OS, I tend to ask him questions about Windows and such. As a matter of fact, without his advice and wisdom, I wouldn't be in computers, either building or trouble shooting them if it wasn't for him. Thanks Haken.

Catching a taxi the last 10 miles after the bus gets to the end of the line isn't all that bad, at least, if it wasn't for Uncle Pawlenty giving me money (Property Tax Refund), I wouldn't be able to do this and would've had to walk the last 10 miles. At the begining of the week, I didn't think I would've had enough money to do the 5 days of cab rides, but as it turned out and as luck would have it, I had just enough to get me through this work week. Now if my luck continues, that car that I was interested in hasn't sold yet, or at least I haven't gotten a call from the owner yet, I'll be able to check it out and also hopefully have my friend go along to check out the mechanical side of the car to make sure it's worth the asking price.

It seems that I'm lucky with finding vehicles and being able to purchase one, but it seems that I'm not lucky when it comes to owning them for very long. Since moving to Minnesota back in 1995, I have owned 7 vehicles plus 1 motorcycle, which I had shipped from Hawaii for a total of 8 vehicles... out of the 8, one of them was a brand new '96 Plymouth Breeze, which I really, really liked... Manual transmission, smooth ride, quiet and very economical fuel wise, but because I wasn't able to keep up with payments, the car got taken away. That's why since then I get used vehicles and pay for them up front instead of financing, this way, I own the vehicle and not have some financial institution own it and having to pay them for the use of it.

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: