Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Reviving things of the past...

In the past several months, I have been trying to get back into hobbies that I have not done for sometime... How long is sometime? Well, photography for one, I have not done since I was a photographer for the High School Newspaper and that was back in the Mid 80's. I guess I haven't really done much with that because of the cost of developing film. Unless you can do it yourself and have the time (which can be time consuming) it can still be more expensive than taking it down to your local drug store to get them developed. Plus the cost of actually buying film...

With digital camera becoming cheaper and also phones that have a camera built into them, it's getting easier and cheaper to take pictures. Currently I own a Olympus Digital Camera, the SP-350, which not bad for what it can do and the picture quality is very good. What I really want to get a Digital SLR camera. For those who don't know what a SLR camera is, as an example, the Canon Rebel or the Nikon cameras where you have to adjust the lens to focus and use 35mm film.

To see some of the pictures that I have taken, click here to see what I have captured. Also being a "Foodie" and a former chef, I take pictures of dishes I have prepared myself and food that I have purchased from different locations. I guess you can say that my picture gallery is an eclectic collection of images.

An update to the rebate controversies... I had decided that I would honest, but just enough to let Garmin know what a terrible company Paragon is in handling their rebates for products. That was on a Tuesday that I had emailed their company and by Thursday, I had gotten a call from Garmin saying not to cash the check. Well, too late. I went to a check cashing store, it cost me about 3 percent to cash the the check, but, Hey! What the heck, I still got about 90 plus dollars from it. At this point, I figured, let Garmin and Paragon fight it out.

Again, in the future, I'll never purchase an Olympus product again, only because their customer service is bad and only under threat of the FTC reporting did they "try" to contact me by having me call them... Why should I have to call them? They should be making every and any attempt to contact me, I'm the customer, I'm the consumer that purchased their product and they were the ones offering the rebate. If they didn't want to make it right, then they should've forced Paragon to do so.

By the way, anyone got a vehicle that they would like to donate to the TekBandit Foundation for travel? Unfortunately, it's not tax deductible (or maybe it can be, as long as I provide a reciept), I don't think that Ms. Molly (a '82 Mazda B2000 Pickup) is going to last another month, although I keep asking her to hold on for just a little while longer and so far she keeps coming through for me... It's that Ms. Molly has had a good life and now it's time that she needs a long rest...

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: