Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

SP350 Rebate Form


SP350-Rebate
Originally uploaded by TekBandit66.
Ok, just to be fair, I've added the form that I had to fill out for the rebate on the camera. I know that it's hard to see, but highlighted below the information that I've edited, is the disclaimer for the rebate. In the highlighted portion of the disclaimer it states to allow 8 - 10 weeks for delievery of the rebate. As I had noted before, I had sent in the rebate submission in the week of March 19th.

Here is the information from Paragon, whom Olympus contracts to handle the rebates:

Rebate: $50.00 Rebate Check
Rebate Information For: 18923XXXX
Promotion: Receive $50 Mail in Rebate on SP-350 Digital Camera at Participating Retailers
Submission Type: MAIL-IN
Date Received: 04-11-2006
Check Issue Date: 07-04-2006
Check Cleared Date: 07-13-2006
Check Number: 1595XXXX
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid. Please allow up to 30 days to receive your rebate.

Cleared meaning that I've cashed it. Well that took about 3 months to get to me which is far in excess of 8 - 10 weeks... Now here is the information regarding the Garmin GPS that I never bought:

Rebate: $100.00 Rebate Check
Rebate Information For: 19794XXXX
Promotion: Garmin GPSMAP 76Cx, 76CSx and 76CS Plus $100 Rebate
Submission Type: MAIL-IN
Date Received: 07-10-2006
Check Issue Date: 07-11-2006
Check Number: 1606XXXX
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid. Please allow up to 30 days to receive your rebate.

I got the check and ended up cashing it anyway, at this point, I'm thinking that this is Paragon's way of apoligizing for messing up the rebate with Olympus after I ended up filing a complaint with the FTC. I did make an attempt to contact Garmin but I guess they don't care cause it's been a couple of days ago. If large companies don't care about the waste of money that other vendors are causing them, well, I guess I shouldn't care and just hope that more incidents like this happen.. Free Money...

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: