Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Monday, April 03, 2006

Where ecstasy lives but sanity dies?


Today’s title comes from the lines of the lyrics to “I want you tonight” by Pablo Cruise, which if some of you out there have received emails from me is part of my tag line at the end of my emails:

Is there no way of fighting this feeling inside
Where ecstasy lives but sanity dies?
We all need more of each other

For lyrics, everyone has his or her own interpretation of what a song is about, for me, the above lines from the song has several different meanings all by itself, without the rest of the song. One meaning is that everyone is searching for love, when we find someone to love, our feelings take over and judgment goes out the window. This is especially true if we try too hard to find love and the right person.

Anyway, I guess spring is beginning to effect me; I have not been quite my “normal” self, as someone has noticed, and I have been a little more jovial in this past weeks. I do not know if it is the dreams that I cannot remember or the number of times that I have woken up in the middle of the night or the exhaustion that I have been feeling. Although I think it is the music, I have been listening to lately that could be affecting me, I have been listening to a lot of Ambient music, Jazz and “New Age” (Music with Gregorian Chants).

Since getting the new camera, I have wanted to take more pictures, however right now it is in the middle of the season change (going from snow to green) so everything is a dirty, dead looking scenery. I keep planning on going to the Como Conservatory and take pictures there, but it seems I keep putting it off. If I had the chance, I would like to travel and take pictures of animals, insects and plants that people do not usually see, like the fish that lives in the deserts of Arizona (Desert Pupfish).

Another place I would like to go back to is Japan, a place in particular, Hiroshima, my ancestral hometown. I did get a chance to visit Hiroshima for about a week in the summer of 1984 and still see the places and sights that I saw during my visits in my mind, but would like to get pictures of other places.

Oh, I almost forgot, one of the vendors that we work with at work finally knows what I really look like; the other vendor is still trying to figure that out, mostly because I prefer not to post my photograph on the net, I find that amusing.

Well, I guess I will end it here, a little longer than the last entry, but still short. Until Next Time and oh yeah, I hope everyone remembered to set their clocks 1 hour ahead for daylight savings (except those living in Hawaii).

No comments: