Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's 4 o'clock in the Morning

A line from the song "Someone saved my life tonight" by Elton John, written by Bernie Taupin, as I write this entry into my journal, it's exactly that, 4 o'clock in the morning. I can't sleep, maybe cause I was extremely tired for the past 5 days. It's like when you don't sleep and your really tired, but then at that certain point in time, all that feeling is gone and your wide awake.

I guess there has been a lot of things on my mind that have been bothering me, I knew that the Euphoria wouldn't last, I suspect that the euphoria was from all those chocolates that I've been eating, the Easter candy that I've been having available in a candy jar for anyone that wants a piece, can have a piece (or 2 or 3 or whatever's).

In the last 2 days, Ms. Wannabe has been really irritating the heck out of me. The point is, Ms. Wannabe thinks that no one notices, but I do, I guess its mostly because of my management and law enforcement background that I do notice these things. Now, one of the new employees that has recently joined the department that I work in has been doing the samething that Ms. Wannabe has been doing. I'll call this person the Hummingbird, this is due to this persons irritating habit of humming out loudly, then drumming on the desk and continues to hum again.

I don't know if it's because the Hummingbird is facing towards my direction or due to this persons tone or something else, but it is really irritating. Now I'm not the only one that is irritated by this. Another person, whom I'll refer to as Uncle Fester for now, has also mentioned that it gets irritating after a while. Another thing the Hummingbird has picked up by Ms. Wannabe is making personal calls while at work, this isn't that bad, it's just that the Hummingbird will make personal calls just about every 30 minutes, then the Hummingbird will "forget" about the incoming calls and there will be about 6 or 7 calls in the cue and still won't notice it.

Last night, the Hummingbird stayed late because this person came into work late, now for the shift that I work, we basically do it all, answer phones, monitor certain devices, open calls to vendors when those devices have failed and remote troubleshooting fails and update those calls to see if the vendor completed them or when they estimate that they'll be able to get to those devices. Well, the Hummingbird, who was also trained by Ms. Wannabe, just sat there, I don't know what the Hummingbird was doing, however no calls were opened, no updates made, nothing, like a rock sitting there doing nothing. Just to see if the Hummingbird was doing any of the updates, after the Man in Black informed the person of what duties we perform there, I left just one call that was still opened with a vendor to see if that person would call the vendor for an update... Surprise, surprise... Nothing.

One Ms. Wannabe is bad, 2 of them makes for a pretty ineffective department, basically, dead weight that needs to be cut loose. Not only that, when I was trained in briefly by Ms. Wannabe and I needed information about an issue I was working on, I was told to look up the information in our knowledge base, however, Ms. Wannabe has found a way to make it appear that she is working when she's basically doing nothing... She'll basically give a long speech of what needs to be done, then shows the person what to do and then she'll stay with them to make sure that they do it the way she showed them... Can you say "WASTE OF TIME"! Look idiot, there are other things to do, like take calls because there are people waiting to be answered and the number of calls waiting are still climbing, instead you choose to do a mini training? As Red Foreman would say "DUMBASS".

Just because you think your getting away with something and think that everyone around you is stupid and blind; your dumber and a lot more blind yourself. You know, I still remember when you said "I didn't graduate from High School", you know what? It shows. Another thing, seniority doesn't make up for being stupid. The point of the matter is, I don't like being treated like I was stupid nor do I like being considered stupid. Here is some words of wisdom, take or leave it, but here it is; no matter what you do or don't do, there is always someone watching what you do. It may not be just you, it maybe other people or not. There is always someone to judge you on what you do and what you say, so be mindful.

While I'm still getting things off my chest, I've added pictures I took of Clown boys desk, you want to talk about a slob? His desk worries me a bit, well, a lot. It's one big mess, granted that it's so far out of the way for most people, if they were to do a surprise walk through, his desk would be the most disgusting of them all, with all the trash and food left all over the place, I'm really surprised that the stuff hasn't started to rot and smell that area up. Absolutely wouldn't look good to the execs... Now, just to be fair, I will include pictures of my desk. I'll let you all be the judge...

Till next time...

No comments: