Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Monday, April 10, 2006

Never knew what I was missing till...

Since getting the new camera, I've never realized what I was missing since putting off my hobby for a long time. Now, I really want to get a Digital SLR camera and just travel around, taking pictures. Not as a job, but as a hobby to chronical my travels and life and to show people what I see and how I see it. I've really thought about this lately and what I would have to consider is to sell everything that I have, get a laptop instead and find a really, really reliable vehicle to travel around in. I don't know if it's the middle age itch or if it's just because I've been living in one place too long.

When I am able to get a Digital SLR camera, I've been considering 2 brands. One is the Nikon and the other is the Olympus. For some reason, I'm not impressed or interested in the Canon EOS camera, I guess it's because it seems too automatic than the Olympus and the Nikon and the 2 cameras that I am looking at seem a lot more like the 35mm film cameras which I am familiar with. It's not that I don't care for my current camera, it's just that I like to be able to focus the lens on my own and it still seems faster than my current camera which is a Olympus SP-350.

There are still other things that I do miss, like being able to go to the beach on a nice sunny day and just sit and watch the waves break on the shore, eating plate lunches (for those of you that don't know what a plate lunch is or have never been to Hawaii, you can get a plate lunch at the local fast food diners or lunch wagons) or being able to get shave ice. One other thing I miss is being able to take a drive up to Tantalus lookout at night and see the City Lights.

Anyway, recently I joined up with Blockbusters Mail Movie rental and had requested the Haunted Mansion starring Eddy Murphy, however, after putting into the DVD player and having a difficult time trying to play the movie, it turned out that the DVD was damaged, guess I'll have to return it and wait a couple more days till I get a replacement.

I also finally got my rebate back from Microsoft for a keyboard I purchased as a replacement to my previous IBM keyboard, a whole wopping ten dollars that only took about 2 months to get back, now I'm waiting for my rebate on my camera, I'm hoping that it'll be soon, that one was a fifty dollar rebate, which should be nice to get back.

Well, short one for now, till the next entry...

No comments: