Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another DS, Observations on a bus and other things...

There is nothing wrong with the last DS I purchased, just the color combinations I really liked. So now instead of the "Crimson" and black version, I recently bought the "Cobalt" and black version. Everything is the same, just the color difference. I'll try to get some pictures of the both of them together before I sell the Crimson one.

Last week while riding home on the bus, I was observing the other riders as they got on the bus and while they were riding the bus to their destinations. This one woman in particular, I've seen before, seems to enjoy stirring up controversy regarding race. She seems like she enjoys meeting new people like a person who enjoys traveling. However, she enjoys engaging only a particular type of people. The male was very passionate about his ancestry, his voice was rising in volume and seemed to be speaking faster and faster and attempting to drive the point to her.

She appeared to be backed into a corner and as if she was trying to defuse the conversation tried to back peddle... What it all ends up to is that she seemed as if to have lived a very sheltered life and came from a very small town...

Other people on the bus, there are those who basically make the bus their own, talking up and loudly without consideration of others on their cell phones. There are also people like me, wearing headphones and trying to drown out those people, appearing to be oblivious of their surroundings but being very observant.

As for the other things, I've come to realize that I'm becoming like my Uncle that I was afraid of, well, not really afraid of, just didn't care for his strict discipline. You see my Uncle, who has passed away several years ago, joined the Army back in Vietnam at the age of 17. He was supposed to be attached to the radio corps, but ended up driving tanks out in the field. So with that in mind, you get an idea of the kind of person he was (no, not suffering from PTSS) but a very tough, strict by the book soldier. Oh, and if your wondering, he went to work for Martin-Marietta (the company that built the Patriot and Hellfire missile) after getting out of the Army. If you've ever seen the movie Falling Down starring Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall, he used to dress just about the same way, both for work and leisure, without the necktie.

I'm getting pretty close to dressing like that myself...

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: