Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Saturday, February 16, 2008

I got a new (used) Truck


Chevrolet Sierra 1500
Originally uploaded by TekBandit66
Finally! I have a better than decent vehicle. It's a 1992 but from the actual pictures of the truck, you can't see any rust at all. It did come with a trailer hitch, now just got to buy the post for it. There were other vehicles on the lot that I had considered, but after looking this one over, I just had to get it.

It didn't have a radio and the place where the EQ/Tape player and vent was, that panel was missing. Now I have to see if I can find a replacement. I've already been to a junk yard to see if I could find that piece, but all of the trucks in the yard had that particular piece missing. According to my friend that went with me to look it over as well noticed that the tires are pretty new... that's a bonus! Although it did give me a scare when I took it to the dollar car wash and it wouldn't start.

I got lucky because my friend was close by and was able to help me push it out of the bay. We tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over but all of the electronics would go on. I ended up calling a tow company to have it towed to a auto repair shop and they told me they'd be there in 20 to 30 minutes. About 10 or 15 minutes later, I tried to start the truck again and it started right up as if nothing happened. My friend suspects the starter may have gotten wet when I sprayed the undercarrige down to clean it. I called the tow company back to cancel the tow and drove it home.

After finally getting it back home, the first thing I did was clean the dash and wipe it down with Armor All, cleaned the windows both inside and out and gave the outside of the windows a coat of RainX. My friend cleaned up parts of the engine and took apart the air cleaner and filter just for good measure. He also suggested to get the transmission and radiator a flushing as welll as an oil change since it looked like the oil hasn't been changed and was down a quart.

I think tomorrow, I'll see if I can find my chrome polish and get the chrome parts of the truck, maybe even give it a coat of polish. I do need to get a new light bulb which should be an easy swap out.

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: