Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Funny thing to talk about during Winter...

This past weekend I stopped off at a Cub Foods "Super" Market to pick up some things for the week or two and had this urge to get something sweet and cold to eat. I found something new among the huge selection of frozen confections, as a matter of fact, 2 new items.

The first was Michael's Frozen Custard. If you've never had frozen custard, it's rich, creamy and very delicious. I'm a bit torn between Culver's and Michael's. It appears that both companies are from Wisconsin. Culver's has really good burgers, but are a bit more expensive than most other places. Culver's is famous for their "Butter" Burgers and Frozen Custard. Michael's specializes in Frozen Custard but at their drive in locations, have root beer.

Last night after getting home from work, I picked up some A&W root beer and made a root beer float... Oh the combination was beyond words to describe! All I can say is that if you can find some Frozen Custard you gotta make a root beer float with this. Oh, and the flavors I picked up was vanilla and pumpkin. By itself it was fantastic, but the vanilla in a root beer float just made up for the day...

The other frozen confection I found was a Gelato called Talenti. I picked up Sonoma Strawberry and Lisbon Lemon. Once I started on it, I couldn't put it down, I literally had to force myself to stop so I wouldn't finish it in one sitting (although I have done it with other Ice creams and sorbets before).

As I mentioned in my previous entry, I've been so hooked on Pokemon. I picked up Pokemon Diamond for the DS and have recently picked up Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green for the Gameboy Advance since the DS will also use the GBA games on it.

My friend bought a Wii for his son and so I bought Pokemon Revolution for it since it'll allow you to battle against another DS player. It'll also download your captured Pokemon from Diamond/Pearl. Eventually I'll catch them all and use them on Revolution.

I'm still planning on getting the Nikon D80 in the near future once I get this car thing out of the way. I hope that it'll be just in time for Spring/Summer when I can get out and get some great pictures.

つづく ( To be continued... )

1 comment:

Loki said...

You saw Michael's Frozen Custard at a Cub in the Twin Cities? That's way-cool! I used to work at one, and yes - it's better than Culver's.