Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Wednesday, February 17, 1999

My first ride-a-long

Last night went to visit a friend who is a police officer and got to ride along with him. Was interesting watching him work. First one was a traffic stop for a person going 45 in a 25 mph zone. The guy was pretty dumb, he stopped in the middle of the road, then when my friend commanded him to move off the road, he just sat there. After about 3 times he told him to move off the road, he went over to the car and talked to him.

His wife did all the talking but she wasn't the driver. I guess he felt sorry for the guy with a wife like that, so he let the guy go with a warning. We eventually went to a place that he watched the cars go by with his radar. Eventually a car sped by and we went to do a traffic stop.

After running a check on the driver a call came over that someone drove off without from the gas station without paying for the gas, so it was his lucky day, we turned around and sped off in the other direction looking for the guy. We didn't find him and drove back to the station so my friend could get a report.

Well, the rest of the evening was quiet and eventually came back home at around 2 am, I thought that I would be able to get up for work later, but ended up waking up at about 9:00 when I was supposed to be at work by 6 am.

Well, the rest was usual, but I guess that'll be that for now. More later...

No comments: