Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Sunday, September 07, 2008

More work on the Truck...

Started on Saturday by scrubbing down the bed of the truck. It pretty much took up the whole day and by the time I was pretty much forced to quit on account of Rain, I had pretty much worn myself out...

This morning, my arms and lower back were aching from scrubbing the bed to get the top coat off so that the Herculiner would adhere to the bed. By the time I got out there to finish the job, it was about 10 in the morning. After working on the front rims a bit and debating on putting on the front mud guards, I finally started wiping down the bed with the cleaner for the final prep for applying the bed liner.

The first coat took about 1 - 2 hours to apply. The 2nd coat took about half the time. At this time, there are still a few spots I need to touch up however I was pretty wiped out from all that work. Even with the gloves and trying to be careful not to get the liner on me, I ended up with a couple splatter marks on my face and several spots on my hands.

I think part of it was from the chemicals that is in the bedliner which is the same stuff I had to use to clean and prep the surface called Xylene. Pretty nasty stuff to be breathing in, I didn't have a really good resprirator which would've made a big difference, but at least the cheaper one help prevent me from breathing in the dust.

Tomorrow, I'll have to try and get up early so that I can put the tonneau cover back on, only to have to take it off again later when I re-paint the top of the bed walls. I'll also be getting bed rail covers so I'll have to take them off again to put those on. You must be asking yourself, why paint if I'm just going to cover it up, well... if I repaint it, I'll be able to get the rust off and keep it off by re-painting, also I'll be filling the holes that were left from the previous owner when they drilled into the bed rails to hold the topper that was on there. Oh, and I got rid of the topper cause it was warped and missing the keys to lock it and also because the shocks to hold up the topper door were shot.

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: