Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Monday, January 21, 2008

Almost, but then again...

This time, my friend paid attention to the vehicle and not the dog or the female. Unfortunately, the Mazda was not in the shape that would've been a good purchase. The lifters were knocking, the trunk didn't open and looks like someone hit the dash to get the heater to work. The tabs were 3 months past due and the rear tire had the belts showing.

After all that, we stopped in at a Kia dealer and was looking at the cars when the salesman showed me a '07 Rio for about 14k. I impulsively filled out the forms to see if I could qualify for financing (but I knew that I wouldn't qualify) and had 800 in cash to put down. Well, they wanted some personal references (which usually means that they would've been able to do it).

After getting back home, my friends neighbor said he had a car that he was going to sell for about 2k that he would sell to me for 800. Personally, between having to make monthly payments and just owning a car out right, I prefer to own it out right. Yeah, it's older and run the risk of something breaking down more often, but it'll be mine and not on loan from the bank for me to drive.

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: