Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Monday, October 09, 2006

Thank you Nintendo!

If it wasn't for Nintendo creating the DS Lite, I'd be losing my mind and wouldn't know what to do with myself... My computer is out of order, I did troubleshooting on my computer and at first thought it was the video card, I then thought it may have been the AGP slot that was going bad, but after switching out the video card with a known good video card, that was not the case.

I then pulled the DIMM's and found that the 2 512k DIMMs that I have in there were the type of memory I normally wouldn't buy, but not paying attention and being that they were cheap at the time, I bought them. The 1st is a Samsung module, the 2nd is a Kingston. I tried switching them around, then I tried them one at a time and now the computer doen't boot up at all.

So, the Motherboard is still in good working condition, just the memory is bad. I'm about 90 percent sure that if new memory modules were installed, the board will boot. I'll just go through with the upgrade. So, I'll have a Biostar TDK 478 Intel chipset motherboard, Intel P4 2.53 Mhz CPU with a Zalman CPU cooler, a Linksys 10/100 LAN card and an ATI 9700 AGP video card with 128k of Video RAM for sale soon, included or sold seperately, a Antec 300 Watt ATX power supply.

I know what your asking, what am I planning to upgrade to? Well, I'm going to upgrade to an Intel DP965LT Socket T (LGA 775) motherboard with the built in sound card and LAN card that does 10/100/10000, 1 gig of Crucial DDR2 800 Mhz memory, a Core 2 Duo 2.13 Mhz CPU, a Zalman CPU Cooling Fan, an Antec Smartpower 450W Power supply and an Crucial Radeon X1600 PCI-e with GDDR3 GPU and 256k of Video memory. The Crucial Radeon was 40 dollars cheaper than the ATI and it came with a better GPU than the ATI...

Going back to the DS Lite, last week I picked up the Lego Star Wars 2 and True Swing Golf. I've been more into the Golf than the Lego Game, I guess secretly I've always been a virtual golfer... One other thing I've noticed since the computers been out of order, I've gotten more house work done and also ironed my dress shirts intead of just wearing them and looking as if I slept in them the night before.

I'm not looking forward to the next 2 days of walking to the bus stop to get to work, the weather predicted for those days are rain and eventually turning into snow. I guess I'll have to wear the boots and the long coat... I'll have to use the water resistant spray on the backpack so that the contents won't get wet.

On a side note, I don't know what has been causing it, but I've been having some pretty bizarre dreams lately, I can't remember any of them but I do remember that it was very strange. Last week, I dreamt something that made me wake up crying... all I can say is that it had something to do with a child dying, I don't remember if it was my child or someone elses child, but the dream was so emotional. In the past, I have had this happen 3 to 4 times before.

This past weekend had been a relaxing one, no contact with people, just me, the TV, Samantha and the DS Lite. With the exception of my friend coming over briefly with his son to visit Samantha and deliver some food items for the week. The only difficult decision I had was to decide on playing on the DS or watching TV... What would have made it perfect is deciding on what type of bait to use to catch fish.

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: