Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Intel Core 2 Duo

Parts have been ordered on Friday, now, just waiting for the parts to arrive, selected 3 day shipping, so I'm guessing that it should be at my friends house on either Wednesday or Thursday, I just hope that the video card arrives at the same time as the rest of the parts. The bulk of the parts (Motherboard, CPU, CPU Fan, Memory and Power supply) were ordered through Newegg and the PCI-e video card was ordered through Crucial (Micron).

Why did I order the video card through Crucial and not have it all through Newegg? Well, the Radeon X1600 from ATI has GDDR2 memory installed on it, while the Crucial built card using the ATI chipset, which is also a Radeon X1600 has the GDDR3 memory installed. Also, for the same model with the better memory, it was $40 cheaper.

Now after this upgrade, I hope that I can save enough money to get the new Nikon D80 Digital SLR camera. I currently have an Olympus (as mentioned in my previous entries) and so far it's been doing a good job of taking photos, but I want to do more. Nothing like going pro but still, I find myself getting frustrated because of the limited features of the camera.

Well, found out that the video card has arrived, wasn't expecting that till tomorrow. Unfortunately, the rest of the parts won't arrive till the 19th, Thursday. I guess I've waited this long, I can wait one more day...

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: