Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The new computer setup


The new computer setup 17
Originally uploaded by TekBandit66.
Samantha decided to watch me put my computer together, in order to get comfortable, she used the protective foam from the video card box as a bed. She didn't move until I was ready to plug in the power and start it up. It took about 3 - 4 hours total time to put it all together, I'm sure it would've taken less time if I worked straight.

While putting the computer together, I realized I was much happier than doing anything else. Then again, it's not everyday that I take apart a computer and put it together again, let alone upgrade a computer everyday.

Once I got the computer to power up, I had to switch the DVD drives's with the Hard drives from the motherboard IDE controller to the IDE controller card as I had intended to do. This was because, for some reason, the onboard IDE controller is setup like a secondary controller, so with the IDE controller card is like the primary. After swapping that, it booted up but before getting to the login screen, it would reboot. Turns out that I needed to reload Windows XP so that the OS would recognize the new CPU.

As of this entry, I'm slowly still installing programs that I had previously installed... So it's slow going...

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: