Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Battlefield 2

Here is my story since the clan I was associated with have since banned me...

I became a member in October of 2007 and have played on their maps, Ghost town and Road Rage. Due to the Holidays, I had stopped playing for about a month to 2 months. When I was able to continue, I was unable to log onto the Road Rage map.

I tried to find a solution but apparently because I downloaded it through a online purchase of the add-on, I was unable to re-install it or re-download the map. After much researching, I decided on purchasing a hard copy (buying the actual disk in a retail store). However since EA (Electronic Arts), stopped any further updates, they didn't have the stand alone copy of the Armored Fury maps for sale anywhere.

I had been getting an error and kick out of the online play by Punkbuster, a MD5 Mismatch in the Settings.ini, now I find this rather frustrating cause, no one had said anything or getting kicked off the clan back in May/June months. I would just stop playing for the evening and try again the next, or I would wait the amount of time it said and get back on...

So I decided on getting the Battlefield 2: Complete Collection, it took me about a month to find one cause EA had discontinued or ending further development of the Battlefield 2 series, I was finally able to find it.

So I re-installed Armored Fury and re-register my copy and was fine for a couple of weeks, then all of a sudden, I started to get the same message again. Now, this time, I get dropped by the clan I'm associated with. Several people, without getting the full information just automatically brand me a hacker/cheater and if that doesn't cap it, the Head of the clan will not listen to the explanation.

Prior to my being kicked from the clan, I had installed 3 additional mods, AIX, Reality Project and Nations at War. I've also installed another game called Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat. Both Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 4 use Punkbuster. I've also re-installed Punkbuster and manually updated the files... Even after closing out my virus scanning software, I still got the same error...

I've been playing games online since the first FPS / Strategy games came out. Online, I know what happens when you hack much less care to hack a game to cheat. If I cheat, it's offline and offline alone. Besides, if I were hacking/cheating, wouldn't my scores reflect that I was? What frustrates me is that people are so quick to judge and they say that they don't, it's very difficult to dispute once it's in writing at this point and now, I don't think I want be be a member if this is going to happen, be it now or again...

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: