Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Friday, May 19, 2006

SEMPER FI! Do or Die, Gung Ho, Gung Ho, Gung Ho!

Yesterday, I caught the bus into work. Normally most of you would be saying "So What?", well, from where I live to my work location, it's about 21 miles one way. After a certain hour, there are no buses available. So going into work is not a problem by bus, getting home is a different story. Here is why...

Last night, a last minute issue came up and I couldn't leave until it was completed, normally that wouldn't be a problem if I drive in, but because I was catching the bus with the hopes of at least getting up to a stop further up and making my walk a little closer, the issue ended up making me miss that last bus and I had to take a bus that the last stop was about 4 miles further. Now I live alone, I don't have anyone that I can call so I have to do things on my own.

Here is the map:



Now, Usually when I hike, I normally carry 2 containers of water, however I only had 1 not expecting to take as long as it did. Also, I wasn't expecting the temperature to go as low as 50 degrees, so I was only wearing a light jacket. I was also carrying a backpack and didn't take out some of the heavier stuff, so the total weight I was carrying about about 20 pounds.

So right now, my calves, thighs and feet are in pain, because of the temperature, I have a slight cold, and my forehead has a slight temperature. I wasn't wearing the right shoes and realized after starting my hike that I should've brought different shoes.

While I was walking, the only thing that I could think of was to get home, sleeping in my warm bed and just being home. At about half way I had promised myself that I wouldn't do this again, it's not worth it cause I knew that there would be some major after effects.

One thing for sure, I know how a Marine feels after returning from a 8 hour hike...

つづく ( To be continued... ) 若しかしたら...

No comments: