Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Friday, January 27, 2006

Slip of the Tongue...

Well, I don’t know if it was because I unconsciously or purposely did it but I had expressed my thought to Ms. Wannabe today. A message that was intended for the Man in Black had been sent to Ms. Wannabe and at first she didn’t understand it, but eventually she knew what it was all about. I had stated that if she gets the promotion by some acts of the gods, I would request an immediate transfer to another department. Well, Ms. Wannabe immediately replied, “huh?” and I replied back that I was quoting a line from Hercules the television show.

From what I heard, she walked over to another person and asked them about it (complained, more likely) and in his usual self, whom I shall refer to from this point forth, as Dr. Giggles; put it off as nothing. I’m sure that Ms. Wannabe went along with what Dr. Giggles had told her, that it was nothing and don’t worry about it. I know that I’m not going to worry about it (typical SubZero fashion).

By the way, if you all are wondering as to why I chose SubZero as a handle, I’ll tell you, a long time ago, in another job, when ever something extreme would happen, I wouldn’t show any emotions, basically keeping my cool. So a friend, who used to be my supervisor, would say that I was a cold person, an iceman. Well, when the game Mortal Kombat came out, one of the characters in the game was called SubZero. Well, I liked that handle better than “Iceman”.

Going back to Ms. Wannabe, it’s getting to the point at work where I really don’t care if I hurt her feelings or not, mostly because when everyone else is working as hard as they can, she’s just doing nothing, everyone else doesn’t want to say it to her, but I guess because of my SubZero persona and because of my involvement in law enforcement, it’s just getting to the point where I’m just telling it like it is. I know that I’m not perfect myself, but if I’m going to work hard, I also expect everyone else to do the same, if not then, go somewhere else. I’m the type of person that will put in 110 percent, then towards the end put in 5 – 10 percent more and end up burning myself out. This also comes from having the rank of Sergeant, if I work hard, I expect the officers under me to do the same. Lead by example as taught to me.

Well, I’ll end this here, check back again…

No comments: