Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Monday, September 18, 2006

Grilled Steak and Chicken


Grilled Steak and Chicken
Originally uploaded by TekBandit66.
This past weekend, I treated my friend and his family to dinner. Since the apartments that I live in doesn't allow grills of any kind and he had a grill, it was a good compromise. I made steak and chicken for our dinner, the steaks were from the Black Angus, a New York Strip, the chicken was this new type that Cub Foods started carrying that the chickens were raised without any drugs or vitamins.

Well, everyone enjoyed my cooking so much that just about everyone was stuffed...lol I have to admit, I really enjoy cooking for those who really appreciate it. Well, his son didn't care for the chicken so my friends Mom made him a cheese sandwich.. I didn't mind, I know that children can be fussy eaters, he did give the chicken a try though and I think he did try the steak... He did really enjoy the rice though...

After a meal like that, I was planning on making Kara Age chicken, but got lazy... so maybe Monday night, I'll pick up more chicken so that I can make it.

The weather is going to get cooler this week, I'm already planning on making red wine stew and Japanese brown curry. The curry, I want to make it with lamb, but the main markets don't carry it, so I'll have to see about going to a meat market to pick up some.

The Camry didn't get an upgrade this weekend, tried to take the CV shaft off the car, but the bolts holding in the brake pads were so stubborn, we gave up trying to take them off. I just hope that it'll last a while till I can save up for another car, till then, everytime I start out on a trip, I'll have to pray that the car won't give out in the middle of nowhere...

The Honey Crisp Apples made it into the stores, but the quality and the size is nowhere close to those at the farmers market, hopefully I'll still have enough money for the Famers Market this Thursday to get some.

I was also debating on getting a Nintendo DS for the bus ride to and from work, but somehow just can't justify the cost of getting one with a game, especially since there isn't a whole lot of a selection on games, oh well, guess I'll just stick with the mp3 player...

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: