Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Monday, July 03, 2006

A Dream so real, it almost seemed as if it happened

Last night, I had a dream that seemed like I was gone for about a week. It started off with me being back in Hawaii and somehow ended up becoming part of a flight crew for a space mission. Another person was bumped from the mission so that I could be on it, the vehicle was a new type of flight vehicle, I don't remember if it needed a rocket booster, but I do remember that it could land on it's own after re-entering the atmosphere.

The mission was to pick up another person at a base on the moon, troubleshoot a lunar surface surveyor and make sure that a flying surface probe was still functioning. We had found the surface surveyor but it had fallen over during it's mission, we turned it over while the other flying probe came over to investigate. The flying probe kept bumping into me and trying to scan me for some reason. Eventually we returned back to the space craft with the 3rd person and started back to earth.

The craft was kind of like an airplane, except that it had rocket brakes and could land vertically without having the need for a runway. I remember putting my helmet back on for the landing but didn't need to. After landing, all 3 of us went into a building back in Hawaii for a de-briefing and news conference. It turned out that our flight was not the only flight that went up, but another experimental spacecraft had also returned with their crew at the sametime.

I remember seeing a locker with my name on it and remember putting my helmet back into the locker, getting changed for the news conference... this is where I woke up, breathing slightly rapid as if I had actually done this. In the past, I have had other dreams where it seemed so real, even more real than this and still remember the sensation, a dream about flying. Not flying in an aircraft; but flying on my own power, the feeling of soaring through the air, the feeling of freedom, the sensation of the wind blowing past my face and through my hair.

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: