Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Ultimate Clock Radio!

Just received my new clock radio from Creative Labs yesterday and got it unpacked and setup last night. I really like the sound quality but the LED status lights are a little bright to try and fall asleep. I ended up cutting up the protective plastic and painting it black then put it on top of the area where the LED's are. Good 'nuff. Dark enough to fall asleep by, with the radio, falling asleep in stereo is a good thing.

The SoundWorks Radio 730 has Radio Data Service, Alarm Clock as well as a built in Sub-woofer. I looked at the SoundWorks Radio 830HD, but couldn't justify spending over $300 for something like that (yeah, I know... I did spend over $200 for the 730...), just for a couple of stations in HD, I just couldn't do it. If I do, it'll be a regular HD bookshelf stereo system. I'm sure by that time, they'll be more stations broadcasting in HD.

My next major upgrade is looking like my TV, but I still have time before they discontinue broadcasting in Analog, hopefully by the time I do get a new TV, the prices will be a lot lower than they are now.

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: