Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Anything Gummy, Creative Labs and the Constructions almost done...

My name is Tekbandit (hi, tekbandit) and I'm a gummy-holic.

Once I get my hands on a bag of gummies, doesn't matter what kind of gummies, I'll eat them non-stop till it's gone, usually in about 3-4 hours. With Halloween coming up, the bags of gummies are huge, which makes for a lot of gummies to consume.

Ok, so now I've ordered my radio directly from Creative Labs... on Friday morning so that it would make the shipment that afternoon. Most, if not all companies, even the smaller companies, if you place an order before 12 (depending on which time zone), your order makes it for the afternoon pickup. Not Creative, it takes approximately 24 hours for your credit card to be confirmed. I order from newegg and my card gets charged within a minute of clicking on submit.

Now the weekend passes and it's Monday. I check with Creative Labs to see if my order shipped. I check almost every hour and still hasn't shipped. I emailed their sales support at least 3 times asking about my order. With Newegg, I get a response within the half hour of emailing them.

Now, I'm a really big fan of Creative Lab products, but after this lack of response and support, I'm looking at different products for sound and audio devices/cards. It was after 11 CDT that I had seen it was shipped at 9 PM PDT and I still didn't get a response from their sales support. The next day, after I already knew it was shipped, I get an email that it was shipped... WTF!!!!

Well, my purchase is on it's way, this is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened. Creative Labs has the potential for being a great company but with the service the way it is, their really putting themselves out of business.

The ceiling in my room is finally up, all that it needs now is to mud and paint. One other thing is that he's planning on covering the load bearing beam with sheet rock, instead of screws, he's planing on using liquid nails (basically glue it up). The main thing is that it's now warmer, quieter and a little more brighter.

つづく ( To be continued... )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TekBandit,

You are always unhappy with electrical devices. You find a good brand, then eventually you seem to change your mind and go with another. Its ok, but sometimes, support isnt the best, But would you rather have good support or a good product.

T.C.

TekBandit said...

That's not true, depending on the device, I've never really had an issue with, mostly cause I can either find out how to fix it, get it fixed or replace it. I've had both with another company, newegg. Creative's support have seemed to disappeared or discontinued cause it seems they think that they're the only products around.

Unfortunately for them, it seems there are other manufacturers that do better, offer better features and accessories. With the Zen Vision: W, it seems that there is no further accessories available, but they have a new product that they've just released that have a lot of accessories available.

Usually by the time I purchase new electronic devices, it's to replace one that I've had for a while or never had. So far in my blog, I've
mostly talked about upgrades with 1 or 2 exceptions.

Neweggs support had a turnaround time of 1 hour, where as Creative, I waited a day or two if not no replies to any questions. This was not the first time they did this, this is the 2nd or 3rd time. I give 3 chances, no more, no less.