Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Monday, July 09, 2007

Evac complete, move to forward firebase in progress

As I mentioned before, I hate moving, it's like being in the military and having to bug out of a base. The part that I really hate about it is that, you can plan on how long it's going to take, but it never goes according to your time table. What was planned as a 4 hour move took approximately 20 hours to complete.

I started the move at about 2 in the afternoon yesterday and was still moving at 4 this morning. It didn't help that the humidity was so high or that the prespitation was just streaming down my face. Even with help it was a difficult move, however my friend had to leave just after midnight cause he had to get up for work the that morning at about 4, so from that point on, I was moving all by myself.

At the same time, I was cleaning the apartment so that I could get most of my deposit back, but after a certain time, I wasn't giving a damn. I cleaned most of the major areas, but the little things, I'll be paying for. I also gave up a small octogon dining table with 4 chairs and 2 lamps cause I didn't want to take anything more with me.

Right now, my lower back and arms are in a bit of pain from all the carrying stuff.

I am happy though, I'm finally out of that place and living in a way better place, quiet, clean and just better. Samantha wasn't too happy during her move, although now she seems to be a lot happier cause of all the Windows she gets to choose from to sit and watch the world outside.

つづく ( To be continued... )

No comments: