Please help by donating.

Request for Donations

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

True meaning of Complain... or Money (Pink Floyd)


Complain: to express grief, pain, or discontent

"You've complained about not having enough money and even asked me 2-3 times in the past if I could borrow you 5 dollars the week prior to getting paid."

I have never complained, I have said something about it but I have never complained about not having enough money. I may have complained about other people, other things, even the weather, but there are things that I do not share, my life is private except for those things that I want to let people know about. I don't even like to have people over to my place unless I feel comfortable with them. You see, I feel so much more secure when I'm alone, so I guess, I'm admitting that I am actually an introvert compared to how I act in public.

Not once have I ever said that "I wish I had more money" or "I need a new job cause I need more money", saying that I don't have money is not complaining, asking to borrow money before payday is not complaining. If someone doesn't want to loan money, all they have to do is say no. I don't beg, I don't get upset, I just go on and find other ways of getting more money in ways that are legal. If it were illegal, I wouldn't be working. Like the saying goes - "Don't bite the hand that feeds you".

- Money, get away.
- Get a good job with good pay and you're okay.
- Money, it's a gas.
- Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
- New car, caviar, four star daydream,
- Think I'll buy me a football team.

When it comes to money, I have my priorities. First and foremost is my bills. At times I may skip the first part and spend it on myself for things that could wait, but it's only because I rarely do spend money on myself. I do have dreams of having a new car or getting caviar (and do I so wish that I could get some caviar on a Blinni with some creme fresh) or upgrading my computer with the latest and greatest toys or electronics but the bills come first. I'm not married, I don't have a girlfriend, I pay my own rent, all by myself, I have a vehicle that I own (not the bank or finance company), I have utilities that I have to pay in order to see what I'm doing at night or to cook my own meals. I don't have someone waiting for me when I get home. I own out right all that I have (with the exception of the apartment). I enjoy the good life, but can I afford it? No. Do I dream about it? Yes.

- Money, get back.
- I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack.
- Money, it's a hit.
- Don't give me that do goody good bullshit.
- I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
- And I think I need a Lear jet.

When I can, if I have a little extra, I do have a tendency to give it away to those that are in need of it, those that I don't expect to get it back, those who are worse off than I am, that would do anything to have money but can't. It's only to those who I feel that it would make a difference and would make the most of what they get and not just blow it all away either or both gambling or doing drugs/alcohol. I can't tell you how I know. I just do. There have been only a couple of people in the past that I had been mistaken about, but for the most part, most of them truly need it.

Now take Spike for example, I could tell that he is a good person, someone that I would trust, someone that if need be, would give my life to protect. Yes, you too Pizza boy and the Dark one, you know who you are and what I'm talking about. Even though we have had our differences, my loyalties are with them, I would back them up no matter what. However, recently there was a person that I had met that I had trusted and was burned in the end, to put it bluntly, I was used as a get out of jail free card, it is those types of people who don't want to cross my path again nor get any sympathy from me.

- Money, it's a crime.
- Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
- Money, so they say
- Is the root of all evil today.
- But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that
- they're giving none away.

So with that said, I wonder how close did I come in my analysis of Spike? He's got me all figured out, not. Well, at least one part of his analysis he hit it on bulls eye. Could it be a gift or just experience that if I did figure him or anyone out or came close. I know one thing, I'll only speak to those people when I need to but won't get into a conversation, especially with Spike, only because I don't want to talk about or hear about religion, nothing against it, but I just rather not only because if someone can't keep certain beliefs to themselves unless asked or mentioned by other parties, then it's better not to talk at all.

- "HuHuh! I was in the right!"
- "Yes, absolutely in the right!"
- "I certainly was in the right!"
- "You was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a bruising!"
- "Yeah!"
- "Why does anyone do anything?"
- "I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!"
- "I was just telling him, he couldn't get into number 2. He was asking why he wasn't coming up on freely, after - I was yelling and screaming and telling him why he wasn't coming up on freely. It came as a heavy blow, but - we sorted the matter out"

No comments: